Select a question from the list below and click on it to reveal the answer:
1. What is health and safety at work about?
|Preventing people from being harmed by work be taking the right precautions and providing a satisfactory working environment.|
2. Why are there health and safety laws?
|Because health and safety at work is so important, there are rules, which require all of us not to put ourselves or others in danger. The law is also there to protect the public from workplace dangers.|
3. Do health and safety laws apply to me?
|Yes, to all firms, however small; also the self-employed and to employees.|
4. Do I need to have employers’ liability compulsory insurance?
|The law states if you employ anyone, you should display the certificate.|
5. How do I determine if my backache is due to work and what do I do about it?
|Aches and pains can be the symptoms of a range of conditions, which can be grouped under the main term of musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). Not all MSDs are work-related, but even if they are not, they may be linked to bad work practices or made worse by work. Remember, doing something once may not hurt but repetition could lead to injury To try and solve your problem, work with your safety rep, officer and your employer to spot the problem and eliminate the hazard.|